How blogging can boost your business’ visibility
Are you looking for a way to increase your online presence and reach out to current and future customers? Does your business need that little extra something to get it noticed on search engines? Blogging for your business is a great way to help boost your business’ visibility and increase traffic to your website.
What is Business Blogging?
Business blogging involves creating short pieces of content related to your particular industry. These blog posts work best when posted on a frequent basis and are a way for you to connect with your customers via social media and help you rank higher on search engines.
Business blogging differs from normal blogging in several ways:
- You focus on one particular subject related to your industry.
- Posts are not about your personal life or opinions, but instead, informs your readers of things that catch their interest.
- Business blogging is a way to market your current business and helps your business grow.
Getting started blogging for your business doesn’t have to be hard, all it takes is some time and a little bit of effort. The rewards for blogging are great and can help out any small business looking to increase their visibility. Below are a few ways blogging can help boost your visibility and give you more sales.
Drives Traffic to Your Website
Everybody can benefit from getting more traffic to their website. Blog content can help drive more traffic to your website in several ways.
- Getting noticed on social media— One of the best ways to get your business noticed on social media is by creating a relatable and interesting blog post. Blog posts that incorporate a combination of enticing headlines, eye-catching visuals, and killer content, have the ability to be shared on a wide variety of social media channels. It only takes a being shared a few times for a blog post to catch momentum and go viral. That kind of notice on social media is a great way to get new fans and drive traffic to your website.
- Ranking higher on search engines— Search engines like Google value fresh content on a website and a lot of indexed pages. When you create blog content that is SEO friendly and uses keywords, you are increasing your chances of ranking higher on search engines. This way people can come across your business organically and you can get more traffic to your website without having to pay for expensive ads or email lists.
- Keeping current customers interested— Blogging frequently gives your website a constant stream of fresh and engaging content. Not only is having an updated blog great for attracting new customers, but it can also keep current customers interested. With fresh blogs coming in all the time, you won’t have to worry about creating new social media content when you can share your blog posts on all your channels. You can also use your blog content when sending out email updates and newsletters to current customers. This way, you keep your current customers engaged and give them an opportunity to become a recurring customer and share your business with people they know.
Improves Your Conversion Rates
Converting the traffic that’s coming onto your website into leads is no easy task. That’s where blog posts can come in handy. Every new blog post you write is an opportunity to improve your conversion rate and turn your traffic into leads.
You can do this by adding a compelling call to action button at the end of every blog post you write. While you will never have 100 percent of your blog readers converted into leads, adding a call to action can significantly increase your conversion rates. Here’s how:
- Readers will click on your blog post and read (hopefully) until the bottom
- They will see the call to action button with a special offer
- The button will take them to a page where they need to input their information
- They will submit their information, receive the offer, and then become a lead
Some great call to action ideas you can use include giving away a special discount or offering a coupon for signing up for a newsletter. The more creative and interesting you get with the call to action, the better results you’ll see.
Gives You Industry Authority
Customers are more likely to purchase products or services from your business if you seem trustworthy and have some sort of authority in your industry. An easy way to establish your authority is to show your customers and potential leads that you know what you’re talking about.
Often the best blog posts are the ones that answer the most commonly asked questions about your industry. Educational blog posts that are written for your target customer are powerful tools in establishing your industry authority and give leads the trust they need to become customers.
Enlist the Help of a Professional
When it comes to writing blog content for your business, getting a professional’s help can increase your results and help boost your visibility. Hiring professional blog writers can also save you time so you can focus on the aspects of your business that you are the best at.
To learn more about creating content for your business, check out our blog post “How Outsourcing Your Content Management Can Save You Time.”