WordPress is an excellent tool for creating an effective and easy website for your business. But sometimes it can get overwhelming, especially if you’re just starting out. With these five WordPress hacks, sprucing up your website has never been easier. Go ahead, give them a try and you’ll be surprised to find all the great things WordPress can do.
1. Schedule Content for the Future
If your website has a blog that you use to post content and articles, it can be a hassle scheduling them out every week or even every day. If you’re looking for a way to streamline your blog posts and create a consistent flow of content, look no further.
With these WordPress hacks you can schedule your blog posts ahead of time, saving you a whole lot of effort when it comes to posting. All you have to do is when you go to publish your blog post, instead of choosing the option to “Publish Immediately” click the edit button next to it and select the date and time you want your blog to be posted.
2. Optimize Your Images with these WordPress Hacks
When you upload an image to your website, you have the option to include a title and a keyword. By adding a keyword to each one of your images, you can boost your SEO which can increase your website’s visibility and engagement.
Make sure you don’t just stuff random keywords into your image title, but make them relevant to the content of the image. You can also include keywords in your alternative text tags, which is what users will see if your image is unavailable or they’re using an assistive device.
3. Figure Out WordPress Editor
When it comes to WordPress Editor, there are a few helpful tools that can make creating and posting your content a lot easier. Here are a few of them:
- Spell Check: If you’re ever unsure of a word you’re spelling, it’s better to be safe than sorry. You can find spell check on the top of the WP editor, it’s the button with the check mark and ABC letters.
- Show/Hide Kitchen Sink: If you’ve ever wondered how to remove formatting from the text you’ve copied and pasted, this little guy will do the trick. All you need to do is highlight the text you want to fix, click the “Show/Hide Kitchen Sink” button and then the “Remove Formatting” option.
- Creating a Line Break: This is a super helpful shortcut that not a lot of people know of. To create a line break in your content, press “Shift + Return.”
4. Incorporate Digital Media
Many people don’t know that you can embed digital media into your WordPress content. If you want to embed things like a Youtube video, a Tweet, or even a picture, all you need to do is copy and paste the URL wherever you want your content to go and remove the hyperlink.
Then check your post by clicking the “Preview Button” changes and you should see an embedded version of your digital media. Use these WordPress hacks to embellish your content and engage readers.
5. Customize Your URLs With These WordPress Hacks
When it comes to your website’s many URLs, it’s important that you take a look at them and clean them up. While WordPress usually does a good job of creating URLs for the different pages on your website, sometimes it will let an odd character in or create an URL that is too long.
Keep your URLs short and relevant. Remember that search engines like short URLs and they are easier to share on social media. To change your page’s URL just click the “Edit” button next to the Permalink under the title and you can edit it there.
For more tips on how to create an effective WordPress website, check out my blog post “5 Awesome Tools for Excelling Your Website Growth.”