Using the best productivity apps can help you organize and synergize your business workflow. If you run a business, it can quickly become a problem to manage everything, especially when your business starts to grow. In order to keep everything in place, organized and neat according to your plan, you need to have good productivity apps.
These apps will help you manage your teams, your work, your team environment, and manage time. They can also help with projects and business units, streamlining the workflow and improving productivity. Let’s jump right in and learn more about the best productivity apps.
Which of the Best Productivity Apps Will Work for You?
The best productivity apps that can connect your whole team in the same place, easing transitions and streamlining the flow of information are included below. Once you find that perfect app for your business, or it may be a set of apps working in combination, you will see a visible improvement in the efficiency of your workflow.
I have listed below the best productivity apps that can be most helpful while you are running your business. Review the list, assess the pros and cons, and then decide which ones will work best for you.
Erxes is a marketing, sales, and customer service platform designed to help your business attract more engaged customers. It can replace many of your current productivity tools because it is an all-in-one solution with a community-driven ecosystem.
- Includes integrations that can help your team get more done.
- Can have all of your marketing, sales, and customer service tools are merged into one platform for greater output.
- Helps you streamline your sales funnel, business workflow, and team/client communications.
- Can be time-consuming to get set up and begin using.
- A steep learning curve for those new to marketing and project management
- Starts with Forever Free Plan and then you can adjust the options to fit your needs which will customize your price.
Nifty PM allows many features for advanced project management. It enables you to track project workflow, communicate with team members as well as clients, create collaborative documents, and have several other features for a centralized workspace. It also has communication options, cloud storage, and workflow management. This allows you to manage your workday in one browser tab. It has many options to organize your work as per your requirements.
- It has very good customer service and after-sale support. This makes it one of the top-growing apps out there
- Creates a clear and comprehensive work platform for ideal communication and workflow.
- It is a great collaboration tool much better than those in the market
- It works great for small teams. It allows you to add small tasks and dependencies to manage your team
- Its iPad app is not very efficient
- It does have a free version; only a free trial. The pricing starts at $99.99/month
Samepage is an award-winning app designed specifically for teamwork. It has an intranet that helps the team members work on documents together, share files, manage tasks and calendars, draw diagrams, work on spreadsheets, and a lot more. It has the built-in voice and video calling features, which support simultaneous viewing of files, allowing you to easily have virtual meetings. It is compatible with several other apps as well, which makes it ideal to manage your busy workflow.
- It is very easy to understand and use, once you have explored it enough
- It can be accessed from anywhere, anytime
- It helps you keep tabs on tasks in real-time
- It is perfect for professional work
- It allows you to make paragraphs in the chat message box
- It takes some time for the user to understand its features
- If you have a lot of teams and members, it may take some time for all of them to come to terms with this app, especially for those less computer-literate
- It has a lot of pages which may make it confusing for some users
- It has a free version. The paid version starts at $7.50/month/user, which is quite cheaper than other similar apps
Milanote is a tool for organizing your creative projects into beautiful visual boards. Created to replicate the feeling of working on a wall in a creative studio – visual, tactile, and sometimes a bit messy – Milanote is a great fit for freelancers in both the marketing and design spaces. Milanote has heaps of built-in templates to help you get started with a variety of different projects, from creating a mood board to set out the visual direction for a project, to writing that perfect creative brief. Its sharing features make it a great option for those who regularly provide work to clients for feedback. It is also an app designed for creative minds. It allows the user to brainstorm and collaborate with all ideas in one place. You can gather all your ideas and work on them, growing them into what you want. It allows the real-time options for updating your work, along with features supporting the project and task management. This means you and your team can have productive brainstorming sessions and work on those ideas as and when you can.
- It is one of the best apps to organize a creative project with your team
- It is project management software which helps your team co-ordinate on projects in real-time
- It gives additional tips and ideas from other users to make your work easier
- Write notes & to-do lists, upload images & files and save things you find on the web
- Organize visually using the flexible drag and drop interface.
- Boards by default are a private place to think, but with a single click you can create a shared workspace for collaboration with your team
- Milanote is filled with hundreds of built-in templates to help you get started with a variety of different projects, from creating a mood board to writing that perfect creative brief.
- It does not have an Android app
- It does not work offline
- There are some bugs in the Chrome extension.
- Free version available with no time limit. – PRO version $9.99 per month (monthly and annual plans)
Quire is a project management software that can greatly improve your team’s productivity. It is one of the top-rated apps. It allows you to set up different permissions for different sets of teams and also for each member of that team. It also allows you to categorize your tasks and manage them within different projects. The infinite nested task list makes this one of the best apps for project management.
- It allows interchange between infinite nested task list and Kanban board
- Allows comprehensive collaboration for task assignment and scheduling
- It has an easy to use interface
- It supports cross-platform operations between iOS and Android mobile apps
- Has a smart search feature which allows quick searching for even the tiniest bit of information
- It is integrated with several other productivity tools
- It does not support customizable themes
- It does have any built-in chatting option so have to use a separate app for communication
- Currently, it is absolutely free
Slack is one of the best tools for team communication. It helps easy communication within the organization. It allows you to set up different channels for different teams, which makes it easy for team management. It also supports screen sharing. The best feature is that it is compatible with several other software, which allows task assignment and management directly from slack channels.
- It has different communication channels for different teams
- It allows both audio and video calls
- You can upload files for your team members
- It allows integration with third-party applications
- It has a complicated user interface
- The learning curve is bigger which means it takes time for users to master this app
- It has a low price starting from just $6.67 per user per month
Zoom is best for a dynamic team which requires regular communication. This software supports conference calls, meetings, webinars, and demo sessions for customers. It allows you to share files and whiteboards to make communication easy and effective. There are also several additional features that allow you to manage your team remotely.
- It allows group video calls
- It enables sharing files which make co-ordination very easy
- You can schedule calls as per your convenience and send invitations to the intended participants very easily
- It is comparatively complex to set up
- It is heavy so takes up a lot of CPU space
- Starts around $14.99 per month when compared to other apps, but it has a free version with limited features.
MindMeister is another amazing app to allow dynamic teams to work together. It allows brainstorming sessions and the development of ideas from the whole team. It also allows visual mapping of the ideas, which makes it ideal to use for virtual meetings. It is cloud-based, which means it can be easily used anywhere, anytime!
- It has a cloud-based platform so easy to save and work on ideas
- It has several mind mapping presentations and templates to support your brainstorming sessions
- It has customized themes
- You can set due dates and priorities for your team
- It supports file attachment to help your work
- You can assign the task to your team easily
- It does not support a lot of other software integrations
- There is no desktop app
- It costs about $4.99 per month onwards
Final thoughts about the best productivity apps
Even though this is a shortlist, there are more productivity apps available to help you streamline your processes. This list of best productivity apps will support you and help your business be more productive, work more efficiently, and help streamline your business workflow.
They are a must-have for improving your productivity and output. If you have questions, please feel free to leave a comment. If you would like to hire my team to help you streamline your processes or integrate these productivity tools into your business, please reach out to us via my Contact page.