When you integrate podcasting into WordPress, it allows you to take your business message to your target market. Podcasting is basically an audio series where you can share your knowledge for a specific amount of time or an ongoing podcast series.
How to Upload Podcast to WordPress
Podcasting is supported in WordPress v1.5 and higher. Here is how to get started:
- Create audio or video that you want to share (usually MP3 or MP4)
- Upload the file to Libsyn or Spreaker
- Link to the file in a post on your website
Listeners “subscribe” to your RSS/Atom feed using a podcast client application and which downloads new files automatically. When you integrate podcasting into WordPress, it's a good idea to have a sharing strategy to help drive traffic to your website. Your sharing strategy should include social media, iTunes, Google Podcast, and podcast directories.
Why it's great to integrate podcasting into WordPress
As you integrate podcasting into WordPress, remember it is important because you want to keep visitors glued to your website. Podcasting can also be used to generate significant revenue for your WordPress website through advertisements and sponsorship. The following plugins will assist you with your podcast integration:
- Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting plugin: supports iTunes integration, Web audio/video media players, tools to manage your subscribers, SEO, and many more additional features.
- Seriously Simple Podcasting: an easy and intuitive plugin to help you integrate your podcast and uses the native WordPress interface with minimal settings.
- Compact WP Audio Player: this audio player can be used to embed your audio podcast on your WordPress posts or pages. The plugin is HTML5 compatible, so the audio files embedded with this plugin will play on iOS devices.
The steps and plugins above will get you started with not only integrating podcasting into WordPress but also will help you monetize your podcast series. Learn more about getting started with creating a podcast on this website.