What is a Gravatar? It is an image that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog. Gravatars can help identify your posts on blogs and web forums along with tying it back to your website when you comment on other websites.
What is a Gravatar to WordPress website owners?
Have you ever wondered why you need a Gravatar account?
Statistics show that with today's digital market, more time is spent online. When you publish an article or comment on a blog or website, your gravatar account will automatically link you to that comment or blog post.
Why should you get a Gravatar account?
- Gravatars follow you around the web and automatically appear when you publish an article or leave a comment on a blog/website.
- Gravatar stands for globally recognized avatar with roughly 30 billion images being served on website each day.
- Gravatar is a free, simple, global identification that associates your content with your chosen profile image.
- Having a gravatar account saves you having to add an avatar on every site you join or service you register for.
- You have the capability of controlling your Gravatar across multiple sites by changing a single image in one place.
Watch the short video below and then go to http://gravatar.com to setup your free account and associate your emails with the account.